Sunday, August 3, 2008

Orientation week. WHY SO SERIOUS?

I'm in awe with the orientation Kent Ridge hall have prepared for us freshie. Its nothing but fun fun fun.

Here are some of the highlights. (day 0 is on sunday)

Day 0 - getting to know our OGs and supper
Day 1 - Mass dance, Games games games (wet and dirty)
Day 2 - Pool games, dating game starts
Day 3 - treasure hunt
Day 4 - haunted hall
Day 5 - dragonball and mario games
Day 6 - Sentosa, with dunking graduation

In the end, born a Kent ridgen, blue blood runs thru me.

I really feel i'm gonna enjoy life here. People here are very nice and frenly. No wonder Singaporeans here wan to enjoy HALL LIFE even though some of them stay very near. I know its gonna be tough here but I have a smiley frog and turtle that always cheer me up :) . I got to do my laundry, think what to eat, dry my clothes, sweep my floor. But the other whole adventure, you can't find and experience elsewhere. Some things I've experienced,
  • during dinner, u will sit with random people and get to know them, by end of the year, u'll probably know everybody in hall.
  • When the music is playing, everybody starts to dance and they call you to join in and show your moves.
  • You greet people in the toilet even though you can't remember their name.
  • You go into your frenz or seniors room to chill out and watch movie together.
Its a once a lifetime opportunity. I really suggest if any of you wants to enjoy hall life, come NUS and join Kent Ridge hall. I was quite stress about CORS bidding, cca points, getting cap 4/5 is a norm for ppl here. Heck it, "WHY SO SERIOUS" , some alumi gave this pointer to all us freshies. There are ppl who did it, and why can't I. so chill 1st. haha stress and emo post next time.

The corridor. notice all the shoes outside the room? Its safe here. I was shocked at 1st but now getting used to it. They have a habit here not to close and lock their room doors also even when they are sleeping. Its said to be cooler and have more ventilation. But I can't, I don't wan to wake up seeing another person next to me or wake up at a totally different place. My bed.
My room. Its quite messy. but you should see some of the seniors' room. They have a mini fridge, tv, printer, etc etc. i oso wan!!! lolz

YEa, i wanted to post this long time d. before i left for singapore. I cook them. I call it the 'pRawn guards the orange stone'. get it. prawn = pawn. hahahaha.

Ok gtg cook. bb peeps.

No comments: